Initially I had intended to use one of my 2 phenomenal dragon beads by Mary Lockwood, however, that is going to take me some serious time to create the perfect beady environment for them. So, I opted to use one of my reptile-esque cabs by Jo Hoffacker. I did not get before pics, of course, but I have a couple other cabs of hers so I have posted a picture of them below.
|Mary Lockwood's Dragon Beads|
|Jo Hoffacker's Eye cabs|
While attaching the backing I nearly screwed completely up – I forgot to cut the holes and attach the pin! Thankfully, I remembered in time to rescue it and get the pin back on appropriately. Panic averted! Unfortunately, I did end up getting a little bit of the glue onto the outside of the ultrasuede but I am hoping I will be able to get that off once it dries a bit. I went ahead and finished the edges and tada! I may end up adding something more to the scale aspect of the piece but for now it will rest on my lapel. I may be a mother of nothing really...but I have a cool dragon eye! #whatwhat!
|Please don't forget to visit all the other artisan's blogs!|
Kelly Rodgers <-----you are here!-----you>